Chicken, Squash & Pesto Lasagne
As with all lasagne it takes a while top prepare - this recipe is definitely worth the effort!
Pre heat oven to 180°C/160°c fan – 350° f - Reg 4
1. Peel and chop onions, garlic and butternut.
2. Chop chicken into bite size chunks
3. In a wok heat oil and cook onion until soft add garlic for 2 minutes
4. Now add your chicken and brown all over.
5. Add flour and mix and heat for 2 minutes then add stock and cook for approx.. 10 minutes until chicken cooked through (do not over cook just make sure there is no blood coming our of chicken)
6. Cook butternut in a little water until just soft, drain, mash add seasonings and nutmeg.
7. Add 250g of mascarpone and jar of pesto to chicken mixture, heat until all mixed in
8. Grease lasagne dish and layer chicken mixture/lasagne sheets/butternut and half parmesan/lasagne sheets/rest of chicken mixture/ lasagne sheets.
9. Cover top with rest of mascarpone (if required add a little milk so it can be poured over the last layer of lasagne sheets)
10. Sprinkle top with parmesan, basil leaves, pine nuts and seasonings.
11. Cook for approx. 40 minutes’
I didn’t use chicken breasts, I bought a whole chicken and took all the meat off the bone. Thighs and leg meat is so tasty and more succulent
Courgettes & Mushrooms
2 tabs olive oil
· 2 brown onions
· 2 garlic cloves
· 4 chicken breasts
· 1 tab flour
· 500 ml chicken stock
· 500g mascarpone
· 1 jar green pesto
· 1 butternut squash
· Grated nutmeg
· 12 lasagne sheets
· 100g grated parmesan
Pine nuts & Basil